Monday, September 14, 2009

What the hell is going on??

Well, I keep seeing advertisements on the TV telling me that the state's economy is in great condition because of all these projects that we have created to keep people in work. Whilst I think that that is commendable, if we have traffic congestion, is a tunnel or a bridge going to fix the problem? No. Have we spent a lot of money keeping people in work, instead of spending a lot of money getting the right solution? Yes!

It would have been much better to bite the bullet and spend all that money on a decent public transport system, such as an underground train system. Personally Id much prefer to not have to drive first thing in the morning, when I'm tired, if I can slump on a train, and get to where I want to go to, in decent time.

We might have kept people in jobs, but come on, that is not justification for wasting money.

And another thing, what happened to improving broadband in the country. There's something else that would have a profound long term effect on the income of the country. Amazes me, it really does!

No comments: